1914 - 1974 (60 years)
||Michael Stephen SULLIVAN |
||26 Sep 1914
||Central Avenue, Hawthorne, Passaic, NJ 
||NJ [2, 3]
||4 Jan 1920
||Dupont Town Village, Borough of Wanaque, Passaic, NJ 
||4 Apr 1930
||90 Arlington Avenue, Hawthorne District, Passaic, NJ 
||2 Sep 1937
||326 East 24th Street, Paterson, Passaic, NJ 
||18 Oct 1974
||Irvington General Hospital, Irvington, NJ 
||29 Oct 1974
||Gates of Heaven Cemetery, East Hanover, NJ 
||4 February 2018
||4 Apr 2010 |
||Michael Stephen SULLIVAN, b. 26 Dec 1888, 66 Avon Street, Hartford, Hartford, CT , d. 2 Sep 1937, Patterson General Hospital, Paterson, Passaic, NJ (Age 48 years) |
||Ruth Agnes ALLEN, b. , CT |
||9 Aug 1913
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Birth record: Michael Stephen Sullivan son of Michael Sullivan and Ruth Allen
SS Death: Nil
- From Carol Sullivan
Michael Sullivan was a salesman. When he first married Angie, he worked for a furniture store. That's how the couple got their furniture.
Michael was very close to his mother, Ruth Allan Sullivan. They often worked together.
I remember him as a radio and TV repair man. He had a store in Belleville, NJ. He had a partner named Mr. Johnson. Televisions were brand new at that time. Michael would go into people's homes to repair their TV?s and radios.
He was an avid reader. He was also was a heavy drinker. I don?t have very many pleasant memories of my father. After my parents separated, my father and sometimes my grandmother, would visit us. They came once or twice a year. Once in a while my father would take me and my brother Michael to Newark to stay with my Aunt Eileen and Uncle Bill for a few days.
9/2000: my cousin Beth told me that my father lived with her and her family for a while. My aunt Eileen was very ill, Nana had had her leg amputated. Beth was in high school and had problems being the care giver for the two woman. Michael moved in to help her care for them. He moved out after Nana died.
Michael died when he was about 60 years old. He had a heart attack. We did not go to his funeral. My cousin Elizabeth told me that she made the funeral arrangements. She was the only family member he had left at that time, except for his children, whom he had alienated many years before his death.
- [S49] Birth Certificate of Michael Steven Sullivan, State Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, (b 26 September 1914).
- [S62] Census, US Federal, 1920, Department of Commerce, (1920).
- [S197] Census, US Federal, 1930, Department of Commerce, (1930).
- [S50] Death Certificate of Michael Sullivan, Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, New Jersey, (15 September 1937).
- [S59] Information from Carol Sullivan, Carol Sullivan.
- [S134] Information from Carol Sullivan, Carol Sullivan.